Wednesday, January 5, 2011

getting back to my roots

When my mom said "let's make tamales" I said "LET'S DO IT!" If you haven't seen the movie He's Just Not That Into You then scratch that last comment and let's get to good stuff. This was literally an all day task, I have no excuses for not having more than one picture.
We went to 3 different grocery stores, made homemade salsa verde, sauteed our grilled veggies in the salsa, mixed the salsa with the matza to add more flavor, soaked the corn leaves, and then had to compile them into something that wouldn't fall apart, which is a lot harder than it seems. Thank god Jaimee was there to... Slice the cheese.

Probably one of the best things I have ever tasted/made. I'd be lying if I said the vegan friendly tamales were just as good as the ones with cheese. Me and Jaimee had to pry the forks out of each other's hand so we could save some for the rest of the family to try. Literally! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment