Tuesday, January 4, 2011

vegan pumpkin pie

I still had some left over pumpkin puree so I decided to make some good ol' fashion pumpkin pie. This recipe is super simple so I knew if I let my sister help me, she couldn't possibly mess it up. Haha.
I'm not sure what happened to the coloring on this photo, but this is my sister mixing all the ingredients.
Usually I when I use this recipe I don't put it in a pre-made graham craacker crust because after it's baked it usually thickens along the edges, creating it's own crust, but my sister insisted on using one. We are total opposites when it comes to food.
I popped our pie into the oven. While this was baking we licked all the remaining batter off of the bowl, blender, and spoon; you can tell a lot about the way a pie is going to come out based on the batter ;) An hour later this is what we got....

Kinda ugly, right? I'll admit, it has come out much prettier in the past, but don't let it's lumpy face deceive you. It was still as pumpkiny and moist as ever. Next time I probably won't use the pre-made crust but it was worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment