Wednesday, January 5, 2011

tis the season

This holiday season came up so fast! I didn't even have time to bake, cook, etc. So I helped with the little things like, setting up the table and.. Eating.
Okay I lied. My twin sister set this up. I could never set up anything this nicely. I'm convinced she is an interior designer at heart. Haha. I didn't get any pictures of the main course, but I did get some of dessert! ;)
The in-laws brought over a big heaping plate of BAKLAVA! They are Greek, so it was like the best thing I have ever tasted. I had 13 in less than 15 minutes. I'm not exaggerating AT ALL. I got pretty sick.. Don't try this at home kids.
Jaimee and her Christmas dinner.. Well, her first plate of three if I remember correctly. We went to the in-laws house Christmas day to feast, and they did not let us down! Seriously, I would pay to eat there.
They even had some delicious options for me :) That is a traditional Greek salad sans the feta cheese and quinoa with veggies, which my mom brought. I had two plates of this and saved room for the desserts. I wish I would've taken pictures, they were all so pretty and SCRUMPCIOUS! My mouth is drooling just thinking about that Christmas just 10 days ago.... Ok, back to blogging. I had countless desserts and then got sent home with a plate of homemade cookies that could feed an army. So, safe to say my feast didn't end at their house.

I was a pretty bad vegan this holiday season, but can you blame me?
I topped off my food coma with a nice glass of red wine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment